1. Overtime matches will comply with the Federation of High School Rules.
2. Minimum rest between matches and maximum number of matches will not be in effect. NOTE: We will try to honor at least a fifteen minute rest period between all bouts whenever possible, however; due to the number of participants and mats this will not be guaranteed.
3. All brackets will wrestle double elimination style.
4. Hair cover (if required) must be with the wrestler when wrestlers report to mat side for competition.
5. Child Abuse, abusive language, disorderly conduct, etc… will not be tolerated and violators of this policy will be dismissed from the venue with no recourse or refund. Additionally, violators of this rule may also be banned from future adidas Nationals.
6. Due to the size of the event and for safety reasons, Heeley Shoes WILL NOT be permitted in the venue, NO EXCEPTIONS!
7. Coolers WILL NOT be permitted in the venue at any time, NO EXCEPTIONS!
8. All participants MUST weigh-in with your competition singlet on. NO EXCEPTIONS! NO WRESTLER WILL BE PREMITTED TO REMOVE THEIR SINGLETS AT ANYTIME TO MAKE WEIGHT! In the event of questionable issues during skin checks, medical personnel will assess skin issues in the training room. All Wrestlers must be clean shaven and pass skin check prior to weighing in.
9. All wrestlers must register online by the registration deadline and have all weight class changes completed by Tuesday – April 7, 2020, at the 11:59 pm Deadline – Eastern Time.
10. No parents, fans, coaches will be permitted on the arena floor without a Coaches Pass, NO EXCEPTIONS!
11. Access to the arena floor will be limited to Coaches and Participants that are currently wrestling or on deck, NO EXCEPTIONS! Coaches Passes and/or floor passes must be visible at all times.
- Grades 1-4 Period Times, 1, 1, 1 minute
- Grades 5-8 Period Times, 1-1/2, 1-1/2, 1-1/2 minutes
- Grades 9-12 Period Times, 2, 2, 2 minutes
- ALL CONSOLATION MATCHES FOR ALL DIVISIONS WILL BE THE SAME LENGTH AS CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS
15. There will be THREE (3) TEAM AWARDS for each Team Tournament- Team tournaments: Boys K-8 Grades, Mens 9-12 Grades and Womens K-12.
16. We reserve the right to make changes to the schedule as necessary. If any changes are made they will be posted at Registration.
17. All Brackets will be Blind Draw and there will be NO SEEDING for this event. However, whenever possible, we will make every effort to separate past adidas Nationals All-Americans.
18. Birth Certificates and report/grade cards verifying grade must be available and presented to the Director of Events if requested. If you do not have proof of grade you WILL NOT be permitted to participate. Kindergartner wrestlers can compete in 1st grade with a parent matside registered for a coach’s pass for the event.
2019 adidas Nationals Rules & Informational Guidelines (needs updated)